Leak in Cell Body---anyone seen anything like this before

gilbee

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
Harvey, LA
I inspected my cell and cleaned it this morning, and I found this leak in the body of it. I think this has been here since I installed it a month ago, as my equipment pad has been wetter since installing my swg but never noticed where it was coming from...my flow sensor leaks too, and thought that was the only place where my leak was coming from

Swg leak in body - YouTube

Anybody seen similar from circupool?

Question.

When your pump is off, is the SWG still powered up?

The reason I ask, is because if the cell is still powered and trying to make chlorine while pump is off, then a build up of hydrogen gas inside the cell can take place. If the build up becomes too much, it can crack the cell, or worse, make it explode.

It does not happen often to my knowledge, but has been known to.

Question.

When your pump is off, is the SWG still powered up?

The reason I ask, is because if the cell is still powered and trying to make chlorine while pump is off, then a build up of hydrogen gas inside the cell can take place. If the build up becomes too much, it can crack the cell, or worse, make it explode.

It does not happen often to my knowledge, but has been known to.

We're the instances you heard of caused by an ignition of the hydrogen, or actual pressure inside the cell? You'd almost have to be trying to blow it up I'd think. Like closing valves and such. Just curious. The OP's cell is interesting since it look like just a pinhole. Have you contacted the manufacturer or rep yet? I assume you got it from discountsaltpool. They seem like good people to me. I bought my SI60+ a couple months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cell is on the same relay as the pump, so it does not stay on after the pump is off. I did send an email to DSP this morning since they're closed. I have no doubt they'll make it right, especially since it is so new. I was more curious if this is something that has happened to others or if this was a freak thing that just happened to me.

Is that a mold line where the leak is? It looks like a pinhole to me as well.

There was a thread a while back where a cell separated at a mold line enough to leak.

I'm glad they're replacing it and your great video no doubt helped them see the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.