EasyTouch and new setup - help me verify some assumptions

Mar 23, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Hi all -

I've searched and read many of the various EasyTouch threads, and also reviewed the Pentair docs, but still have these lingering questions. I could call Pentair, but thought I'd start here for help.

See my signature for details of my setup - I'm in the process of completely upgrading everything.

We're also upgrading the electrical. We installed a new dedicated service panel on the house. From there, we are running (3) 240v circuits out to the equipment pad:
a 50 AMP circuit for the heater
a 40 AMP for the EasyTouch
a 20 AMP for the Intelliflo

Here are my questions:

1) I plan to get the Intellichlor IC-40. It appears it only costs about $100 more to get the full EasyTouch system with the Intellichlor? Specifically, the EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40. Would I also have buy the IC40 power supply separately? Or is it built-into the EasyTouch? If so, seems like a no-brainer.
2) I have a Polaris with a booster pump. I assume I can add a 20 AMP breaker to the EasyTouch, so I can power the polaris and also schedule when it runs. Do I have the right idea?
3) I also have an Intelliflo VF. It will have a dedicated power line, but I plan to control it from the EasyTouch. (I'm fairly confident about this assumption.)
4) We have one light in the pool. At some point we will likely add low-voltage landscape lighting as well. I assume I can both power and control those from the EasyTouch, correct?
5) I don't think I have any need for automated valves (no spa or solar). Tho we *might* add a spa at some point, to replace our standalone hot tub. Should I go for the 8 circuit EasyTouch? Or will the 4 suffice?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nick

~~~~~
NickSab
33,000 IG Gunite (35x18 trapezoid)
Pump: Pentair Intelliflo VF
Filter: Pentair Quad DE (not ordered yet)
Heater: Aquacal H155 (135K BTU)
Cleaner: Polaris 380 + PB4-60Q Halcyon booster pump
Chlorinator: Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 (not ordered yet)
Automation: Pentair EasyTouch 4

As I understand it, here are my responses:
1) The 4PSC-IC40 only requires the addition of an indoor control, as an option. Otherwise it is complete.
2) Yes the EasyTouch permits you to add and schedule the booster pump cleaner. Adding the breaker is not what does the job, it's the relay (usually relay [or AUX] #1). Your manual will tell you which relay.
3) I'll BRB on that.
4) You can add either 120v or low voltage lighting to be controlled by the EasyTouch. Since the 4 circuit will only control 4 things, (the heat pump is controlled by the temp, NOT by using a relay to turn the unit on/off! ), so what you have so far is 1 filter pump, 1 booster pump, 1 light (either 120v or low voltage) and that leaves one more for whatever you want.
5) If you want a pool/spa combo, you need to purchase the 4SC-IC40. The one you list is for a pool OR spa, single body of water. You can add valve actuators to that model, but it will not function as you need for a "combo".

:mrgreen:

OK, as to question #3, Yes, the Intelliflow pumps will be controlled by the EasyTouch system. The instructions are clear on Pentair's web page, where all owners' and installation manuals may be found.

Good choices!

Budster - Thanks much for the feedback. We're making headway, but still a ways to go. Next weekend we hope to pour the concrete equipment pad, then do the install the weekend after. I plan to post more about the experience later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.