Hi all -
I've searched and read many of the various EasyTouch threads, and also reviewed the Pentair docs, but still have these lingering questions. I could call Pentair, but thought I'd start here for help.
See my signature for details of my setup - I'm in the process of completely upgrading everything.
We're also upgrading the electrical. We installed a new dedicated service panel on the house. From there, we are running (3) 240v circuits out to the equipment pad:
a 50 AMP circuit for the heater
a 40 AMP for the EasyTouch
a 20 AMP for the Intelliflo
Here are my questions:
1) I plan to get the Intellichlor IC-40. It appears it only costs about $100 more to get the full EasyTouch system with the Intellichlor? Specifically, the EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40. Would I also have buy the IC40 power supply separately? Or is it built-into the EasyTouch? If so, seems like a no-brainer.
2) I have a Polaris with a booster pump. I assume I can add a 20 AMP breaker to the EasyTouch, so I can power the polaris and also schedule when it runs. Do I have the right idea?
3) I also have an Intelliflo VF. It will have a dedicated power line, but I plan to control it from the EasyTouch. (I'm fairly confident about this assumption.)
4) We have one light in the pool. At some point we will likely add low-voltage landscape lighting as well. I assume I can both power and control those from the EasyTouch, correct?
5) I don't think I have any need for automated valves (no spa or solar). Tho we *might* add a spa at some point, to replace our standalone hot tub. Should I go for the 8 circuit EasyTouch? Or will the 4 suffice?
Thanks in advance for your help.
33,000 IG Gunite (35x18 trapezoid)
Pump: Pentair Intelliflo VF
Filter: Pentair Quad DE (not ordered yet)
Heater: Aquacal H155 (135K BTU)
Cleaner: Polaris 380 + PB4-60Q Halcyon booster pump
Chlorinator: Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 (not ordered yet)
Automation: Pentair EasyTouch 4
Location: Atlanta, GA (pool is heavily shaded)