Blue/Green Cloudy Pool

buda_m

Aug 15, 2015
mooresville/NC
Cannot seem to get pool cleared. Blue/green cloudy look. Especially in deep end (8feet). Test reads the following:
Total Hardness: 250ppm
Total Chlorine: 7ppm
Free Chlorine: 8 ppm
PH: 7.4-7.6
Total Alkalinity: 80ppm
Stabilizer: 250ppm
Please help this all came on in about 4 days. Went from clear to this. Have tried shocking, algeacide, dumping water and refilling....appreciate any and all assistance

We do use regular bleach as our primary sanitation agent, but you need to proper test kit to know how much to add. Unfortunately, test strips aren't worth the paper they are printed on, and pool store testing is just as bad. You really need a good test kit as noted above in Jason's signature, or below in mine. I have the TF-100 and it's fantastic. It all starts with the right test kit, otherwise everything you do will be a guess.

Simply add one regular gallon of bleach to your water each evening. Let it mix and sweep occasionally until your kit arrives. It won't clear the water, but hopefully will keep it from turning into a full-blown algae bloom. Once your kit arrives, post a full set of numbers for us and we can get aggressive at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and do NOT put anything else in your water at this point. No algaecides, tablets, pucks, bags of pools tore shock, etc. Those are no-no's.

Sure, click on the link below in my signature (TF-100). from there you can chose either the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006. Here is a link that shows how they match-up. Pool School - Test Kits Compared. I love the TF-100, and it has lots of reagents. Also consider asking for the Speed stir to help you mix the agents like a pro. Great stuff.

If your stabilizer (CYA) is really that high then you will probably need to drain and refill a good part of your pool. However - I would wait until you get your own test results to confirm it is really that high.

Welcome - you are in the right place - everyone here will really help you out. I also recommend getting the speed stir - it makes it so much easier....... I love mine. I didn't order it until after I performed the tests myself the first time, then I understood why everyone that had one raved about it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.