Will top poles straighten when filled?

Aug 15, 2015
Jonesborough, TN
I have a 9'x18'x4' pool that I'm filling. For the 2nd time. The first time, it was wayyy off. My brother and I built a wood frame and leveled it. Filled it with dirt and using 2 2x4x12's screwed together, we leveled the dirt the best we could all the way across. It has about a foot of water in it now and the sides are bowing in like the last time. I measured the water in all 4 corners. One of the 9' sides is 12" in both corners. The other 9' side is 11" in both corners. Please dear God tell me that's not too much of a difference. Will the frame poles straighten up as the pool fills?

As mentioned if you tried filling the low spots instead of digging down the high spots there is no telling how that pool will settle once full (@ 42" of water there will be over 17 TONS of weight in that pool, about 35,000 pounds).

Dom

Jimmy, it is really hard to level that way, it "can" be done but you have to use water and a plate compactor to level 1 inch at a time.. this will still not guarantee it will not settle as the weight of the pool/water goes in...

that is why we recommend digging down the high sides level with the low areas.

I did both, dug down and then built up with 1 inch screenings and sand

pKT5N01l.jpg

crk53hEl.jpg

x5c5iBal.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.