Intex Easy Set 18X48 Top Ring Leaking Air

Jun 20, 2015
League City, TX
Received a used 18x48 Easy Set pool. Read till I couldn't read anymore. Cleaned with diluted bleach cleaner and Nylon outdoor broom, leveled, sanded, tapped, sanded, tapped, sanded and tapped some more, added foam board, tarp, then pool. Thinking I'm good to go. Blew up the top ring and all the air went out in less than 10 minutes :(. Used soap & water, bubbles, brush. Finally found the main culprit a 3/4 tear about a foot from a valve opening. Searched her inch by inch and patched anything resembling a pinhole or soon to be tear.

It's been about 5 hours since patching. Can I fill the ring at this point and try again?

Thank you,
Sharon

Intex Easy Set 5500 Gal
Intex Krystal Clear Saline System CS8110
Intex Krystal Clear Filter Pump 1500 GPH
Intex Deluxe Surface Skimmer

Well I waited another couple of hours (4 1/2 to 5 all together) then re-inflated waited a couple more hours. It's holding air Yeah! Began filling the pool and the left corner is now leaking water. I've narrowed it down to a small section but, not sure how to determine the exact spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Drats....yet another leak? Ok. well, I guess there is a price to pay for "Free Pool" huh?

I Googled "how to test inflatables for leaks"....see this link for instructions --> Google

- - - Updated - - -

ohhh wait, you said its leaking "water" now. Duh. Ok... hmmmm... :: putting on thinking cap::: I would say fill it up and let it leak- it will stop losing water immediately below the leak I think? So once it stops draining again, run your hand along right above the water line and see if you can find a slice that needs repair.

That's all I got. I hope it helps? :paddle:

Well, after closer inspection my pool has a lot of pin holes. Patches seem to be holding okay. My top ring is also still holding air. Searching forum fo more info since I have so many tiny holes to patch. Will check back in! Thank you for your help. Really glad to find this forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.