Intermatic p1353 me

RuthN

Aug 2, 2015
TX
Hey all. I'm a new pool owner and the equipment all is connected to the intermatic timer. I need some help understanding the modes and what they do, so that I can program the timers for my liking.

heres what I think is going on currently with the timers already set up from previous owners:

circuit 1- pump high
circuit 2- pump low and triggers SWG
circuit 3- pump high and cleaner

thats really all I've been able to figure out. I'm brand new at this and have learned so much in a week already.

I don't understand the different modes and what they do. When I hit the prog button, it has multiple events and loads. I don't know what any of that means. All the equipment in my signature, with the exception of the cleaner, are hooked into timer. I just don't know what events, modes, or loads. I'm not an electrician.... Lol

Here is a link to the manual. It explains the installation and the uses for the different modes. For example, mode 4 is for a 2-speed pump and a cleaner. The important thing that this mode does is runs the main pump whenever the cleaner is programmed to run.

I've read the manual several times. I have a hard copy of it that the previous owners left. I was able to get two timers set for the pump set. One on high for four hours and one on low for four hours. The low pump triggers the SWG, and the high pump is supposed to trigger the cleaner, however the cleaner has not run in two days. The pump has. Both timers are on mode 4. The manual specifically says not to go in and play with the modes. Any idea what I need to do to fix it? To get the cleaner to run with the pump on mode 4?

edited: circuit one is pump high
circuit 2 is pump low and SWG
circuit 3 should be cleaner

On pages 24 & 25 of the manual are instructions for setting the times for each circuit (load). I understand that it's not too intuitive so lets see if we can work through it.

Use the enter key to cycle through the circuit (load) times. When you get to load 3, note the start and stop times. Once you do that come back here and let me know what they're set to.

To program a circuit, press the program button until you get to the load 3 page, and the event 1, 2 or 3 section and you can set the start time and press it again to set the stop time. You can program up to 3 events for each circuit (load).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.