Intex pool legs shift while swimming..

Aug 15, 2015
North branch Mi.
I'm new here, and new to Intex pools. Hope I'm in the right thread...any way, my question is, my 13 yr old daughter and I were in our 18'x48" Intex metal frame pool yesterday and a couple of the legs made a popping sound. It was kind of loud, almost like a rock had hit my vinyl fence kind of sound. Just wondering if that is normal within the first few swims. I have (I think 12x12) blocks under each of the 18 legs. So I'm thinking maybe they swung out a little. They all seem to be pretty level still, but maybe 2 might be off a hair. Btw, I hate this pool lol, it's been a head ache since I've had to fill it twice now, and still don't feel comfortable with it. Any help or knowledge on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

It's normal. There's a lot of give in these pools accompanied by a lot of creaking and popping. As long as it remains level, it's all good.

Thanks for the quick response! Ok yeah because one made that noise, then a little while later, one on the opposite side of the pool did it too. One more ?, there is one part where the pool is off level, maybe 2- 2 1/2". This area is a 2 foot section of the 18' pool. You think that's ok or am I asking for trouble? Thanks again!

The standard is within 1" of level. Anything more than that, and you're asking for trouble. This late in the year, you can probably get by with it so long as it doesn't get any worse. But I'd definitely plan on draining and releveling it before next year.

Yeah I thought since I'll be taking it down in a month or so, I'd leave it. But I just got out of it now and it looks like it may be sinking, because it's down a square on the pump side, and earlier today it wasn't. So I think I'll be draining tomorrow. Hopefully Meijer will refund the $$ since I just can't get this thing right. Thanks for the info!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.