Enough to be Dangerous

Jul 13, 2015
Clearwater, FL
I have often used the expression, "I know enough to be dangerous," but when it comes to pools, before I found this place I was completely ignorant and therefore safe as a kitten. Essentially that means I was willing to accept what I read here as expert advice and follow it. I should say, then, that my ignorance of pool care was a strength I brought with me. Not so for many first time posters I have read here; they ask for advice, then believing they know mostly what they need to know, immediately ignore that advice and are, therefore, dangerous. All this is a round about way of saying thank you to the members here who have taken the time to answer many people's questions and made this site such a wonderful resource for those of us new to pool care.

Thanks!! I like to say, we could not have gotten control of your pool without you ;) :cheers:

When I first found this website, I did as you described. A little reading and thought I "got it" ... well, I still missed the most crucial piece of info, the FC/CYA relationship. Took another year of a non-ideal pool for me to buckle down and figure out everything that TFP was about. No turning back now :D

Thanks for sharing that! It is a great perspective. I got here just like you, knew nothing, no preconceived notions. Started TFPC on day one. I have never bought a single thing from a pool store ever. My pool has been crystal clear and we have been able to swim every single day that we wanted to for over three years. It is so easy and so effective that I have to share.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.