Removing booster pump - no longer needed

Doug73

Jun 19, 2012
Woolwich Twp, NJ
My pressure cleaner, Pentair Legend Platinum (driven by 3/4 HP booster pump), has been replaced by my newly purchased Dolphin Nautilus. I am going to remove the booster pump and plug the inlet and outlet plumbing the pump used to connect to. Is that all I need to do?

The inlet for the booster was running off a T after the pool filter.

The outlet for the booster was running off a dedicated PVC pipe that was connected to a Y running to the dedicated return for the cleaner. Though I cannot see the Y, it must be a Y since the return still has water coming out if I turn the booster pump off and the main pump is still running.

Thanks for the best pool forum on the Net.

That pipe for the cleaner is really just another return to your pool so you could hook from the Tee to the pipe and add another return to your pool if you wish. Likely, it will be a smaller pipe that your 'official' return pipes. All my returns are 1.5" but the tee is 3/4" and the actual pipe is 1". Just a thought....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.