Let's see those pool this morning!

MarcoPolo: That's a beautiful shot of your spillway!!! What gorgeous water!!! I love the cat statue peering over the coping into the pool!!!

BTW, I gather you are a cat person like me and others around here.... Not much gets past me. :laughblue:

Did you get your user name from the book, The Grand Escape? Or are your cats named that - or both reasons? I used to read that book to my 5th graders when I taught. They loved the book. Two of our cats are very much like the two in the book. One escape artist and one not so bright!! They keep us entertained.

Thanks for sharing the photo!
Suz.

Thanks Suz. Cat peeps; yes. Dog peeps; yes. Critter peeps; yes. Cats are ruling the roost for now. As for the handle; what is more pool related than Marco/Polo? I am constantly threatening my neighbors that I plan on hosting the World Invitational Marco-Polo championships; girls 8 to 10 division. That'll fix them.

That's great - a Marco-Polo Invitational! Who can say 'Marco, Polo' without hearing the sing-song sound attached to the pool game?

Seeing your avatar with the cats combined with your user name made me think of the book. Fun user name!
Suz.

AmyJo, I tried to find your main post (well, I tried a little bit, but I'm lazy....). I didn't find it. Can you put the link in your signature or give the title of your thread? You've made me very curious.....
Thanks,
Suz.

- - - Updated - - -

Splash: Is there really water in your pool? I think maybe there's just a mirror reflecting the trees.

Wow! That is gorgeous water! How DO you do it??? I'm just learning about the whole testing thing. I think I'm doing things correctly, but I'm still waiting to have crystal clear water like yours!
Suz.

Hi Suz - this is our pool:
Beautiful TFP water but plaster discoloration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ready for 110 degrees today
bd4731194e389c10d1bd3359e3ef3580.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Divin Dave: You can definitely include your pool among the gorgeous!!! I mean it when I say I think every pool is gorgeous. Seriously. And yours isn't even a question.

I love the water color and pool border. Your plants and flowers are perfectly selected, positioned, and spaced. And that lawn.... oh my! I've NEVER had a lawn that thick and green. I think I could sleep in it.

You must really stay on top of everything for it to be so clean and tidy - what, your own personal gardener?!!! It looks like a resort... just without the hordes of people!

And yes, I agree. The pools on here are certainly gorgeous!!!
Suz.

Man, these banana trees will be my death! Our unusually wet and cloudy spring have stunted their growth I guess. They are usually 10 ft tall by now. They're only about 6-7 ish so far this year. Fertilizer man, lots of fertilizer high in Nitrogen and Potassium. I keep all the fronds except the top 3 trimmed off until they get 5 feet tall, and then let them go after that.

Had to chop them to the ground in March. They froze too much during the cold winter we had and I didnt think they would make it. Hopefully they will make it through this coming winter and I get some bananas growing next summer.

Nice Dave. My banana trees are still babies. Still waiting for them to get some height like yours.

Hi Suz,
Thanks for the kind words.
Yes, I do have a personal gardner. His name is Divin Dave! :)

Water 3 times a week, and some Fertilizer once a month is about all I do in the garden. The mulch is 3 or 4 inches deep which keeps the weeds out.

Getting the grass back to par since the building the pool 2 years ago has been a challenge but its finally about there. I didnt do sod after I built the pool. I have have nurtured it all from seed. I did have it applied by hydroseed company though. I was just too wore out to seed it myslef when it was time too, or I would have.

Here is a pic of my best potted plant which are scattered here and there on the pool deck. Im thrilled with how this thing turned out. Belive it or not, the pic doesnt do it justice.

Divin Dave: You can definitely include your pool among the gorgeous!!! I mean it when I say I think every pool is gorgeous. Seriously. And yours isn't even a question.

I love the water color and pool border. Your plants and flowers are perfectly selected, positioned, and spaced. And that lawn.... oh my! I've NEVER had a lawn that thick and green. I think I could sleep in it.

You must really stay on top of everything for it to be so clean and tidy - what, your own personal gardener?!!! It looks like a resort... just without the hordes of people!

And yes, I agree. The pools on here are certainly gorgeous!!!
Suz.

I need a Divin Dave for my lawn and flower beds!!! You do a fabulous job, and doesn't it feel wonderful to look out on the fruits of your labor?!!!

Your potted plant is perfectly lovely! You have a gift to select the best complimentary plants. I know, because I've tried and failed too many times. My biggest problem with potted plants is remembering to water them - just a minor detail!! Lol!!

The pool has given me and my son a whole new perspective about gardening. The heat used to not bother me enough to keep me from gardening. But the last 10 or so years, I couldn't bear the heat even for a few minutes. Now I'm finding myself outside much of the day. I just hop in the pool or soak my feet for a few minutes! It's so awesome.

Congrats again on your crystal clear water and beautiful retreat. Your hard work shows!
Suz.

We definitely need a LIKE button! I've run out of adjectives for all of these amazing pools. I truly truly love all pools. Even my terribly stained one! Ever since I was a little girl I've secretly played a game during plane take-offs and landings - to see how many pools I can see from the air. I still do! It still excites me to see a rectangle or amoeba/kidney turquoise shape glittering on the ground. Heaven!!! [emoji4]

Man, these banana trees will be my death! Our unusually wet and cloudy spring have stunted their growth I guess. They are usually 10 ft tall by now. They're only about 6-7 ish so far this year. Fertilizer man, lots of fertilizer high in Nitrogen and Potassium. I keep all the fronds except the top 3 trimmed off until they get 5 feet tall, and then let them go after that.

Had to chop them to the ground in March. They froze too much during the cold winter we had and I didnt think they would make it. Hopefully they will make it through this coming winter and I get some bananas growing next summer.

We are in a different zone than you, but only chopped our banana trees down this winter, covered with mulch and they came back bigger and better than ever! The first year we were here, we wrapped them in Dacron and burlap and they all came back, but not like this year.
d401352fa8657f7efb426cc315277791.jpg

1db3f0772e1ee067388576654b8e6174.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.