Newbie here. Just fill up my 22,000gal agp. Here are my test results with two chlorin

2c97b09706b0e01ecfbfe787d91c0aa0.jpg

1) Get the pump and filter going.
2) Add 2 ppm FC using bleach. Poolmath can crunch the numbers for you. Expect it all to disappear within hours.
3) Add 40 CYA using the sock method
4) By the time you're done messing with the sock, the chlorine will have mixed and you add some acid to get pH to 7.4. 7.2 will work better to lower the TA, but the pool volume isn't always what you calculate. Better to underdose than overdose.
5) Grit your teeth against the chilly water and :splash:
6) Day two: add 3 FC. Recheck pH and TA and adjust if pH is above 7.8.
7) Day 3: The CYA should all be dissolved, so target 6 FC. Target, don't add. You might have some residual, so test first and let poolmath tell you how much
8) Days 4-6, Target 6 FC and keep pH between 7.2 and 7.8. Probably need to brush and vacuum somewhere in there.
9) Day 7, measure CYA. Run all the tests in fact. Post results.

It's really just that simple. You're starting fresh, so you can be in complete control from day one.

Oops. I see you have updated and posted again. You shouldn't be adding metals to the water. Those pucks add zinc. Also CYA. A steady diet of those pucks will drive CYA too high, cause pH to crash, and ultimately stain the liner. It's sad to see you give up on our methods before you even gave them a chance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.