Greetings!

DJT

Aug 8, 2015
Oakland/NJ
Hi All,

I joined last week and got some great advice in very short order, which was much appreciated.

I have been a pool owner for a couple of years and have relied upon the knowledge of a friend who has a pool and his family has had a pool for was long as I have known. I have lurked and read several threads and now have finally joined the party.

My K-2006 test kit arrived earlier this week. After reading an enlightening and very intimidating manual I set forth to conduct my first test. It appeared daunting at first but once I completed it felt like a veil of misinformation had been lifted. The results were enlightening and very different than what I had received at the local store. Today is day one of testing and I feel that I am on the right track to a better pool.

I have a long way to go and much more to read in Pool School, but and progressing. The responses so far in the forum have been great and I look forward to being part of the community.

Here are my first set of results:
- FC 1.4
- CC 0.2
- PH 7.4
- Alk 120
- Cal 250
- CYA 75

DT

attachment.php

75 CYA is a bit high for CYA, but still manageable. You need to get some more FC in there quick. I'd target about 9 if I was in your place.