Green pool

I'm sure this has been addressed here before and I apologize for asking again. We came back from a week's vacation to find our salt water pool a dark greenish-brown color. It has never been like this, even in the spring. There was a ball stuck in the skimmer so the water was not properly filtered while we were gone. We had the water tested and were told that our chlorine was at 0, so we upped the generator from 3 to 5. We added a product called "green to clean" and 2 bags of shock. What else can we do?

Au contraire, Adrienne. Bleach indeed. read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School and you'll get an idea of the things we teach. Hard to get your head around at first but based on absolute science.

We hope you'll read and learn about the TFP method. It simply works.

LOL, I love that " not actual bleach?" response yet you'll pour in some mystery potion called "green to clean" and "shock"???? I think I'm more scared of being shocked or green! (j/k)

Chlorine is the best, most common, pool sanitizer. It doesn't take a lot of chemicals to keep a pool healthy. Chlorine from the grocers is usually 8.25% strength. Pool stores sell liquid chlorine that is usually greater than 10%. Same chemicals, honest!

When you jack up the setting on your SWG because of alage, its still going to make its chlorine s-l-o-w & s-t-e-a-d-y.

What you want and need is instant rise in your FC level, so its best to use liquid chlorine and get that response. It saves wear and tear on those expensive SWGs and will help it last longer. And it doesn't come with unwanted additives.

Grocery store bleach is usually 3.25%,,, not 8.25%. Wally sells a 6% but it's over $2.00 a gallon, so consider 88 cent 3.25% a bargain when you can find it on sale....

Vickiec - You might want to check those 'facts' So far the only bleach we've clocked at less than 6% doesn't have the percentage listed. If the percentage isn't listed, don't buy it. Look close at the label most of the standard ones are 6% the concentrated are 8.25% and if it's labeled as liquid shock at can be as high as 12.5% but is usually 10%.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.