Help me spend my money, Kim, I'm calling on you!!

Mar 16, 2015
rowlett, tx
Ok so I'm shopping for furniture!

What do we like?
c92efcbc86c99b0118c2374dfaaafcba.jpg

ee09bcf41c8f94c828824f400ccfdf07.jpg

4a309c3b7a1580a97e59904404c17b85.jpg

ea1853c645aabcf9854b48f50b4a0050.jpg

And I found the chaises for $200 again!
6819c7c89aa16ee5bab17e2fa4fda53a.jpg

I got on the forum this afternoon to wrestle with chemistry. I was ready to talk all about the SLAM, Correcting faulty testing procedures, telling newbies about CYA and arguing with the non-believers... in other words, loaded for bear........alas, I am faced with picking furniture colors.:uhh::uhh:

I like #4 (sigh)

Of what you are showing here I vote #1. The "wicker" look furniture just feels too heavy to me. I like mesh sling chairs and lounges, staying away from cushions you have to store over winter.

We have a full set of Tropitone stuff we purchased close to 10 years ago. We just had new slings installed and they look new again. One chair had a crack in the aluminum and Tropitone replaced it with no hassle. Tropitone

I really like the look of #1, but I worry about fading when it comes to bright colors on outdoor furniture fabric. Unless it's very high quality fabric and UV resistant dye, the color won't hold up. So My vote would be #2 or #4. Although those both have glass top tables, which I don't like for outdoor. Like the table from #3 the best... AHHHHHH! I can't decide!

KIM is here to spend your money! HEHE Just what I needed! I started back to school/work today so...........

I can tell you that #1 is not very comfy. The backs are too upright and short to cozy down into. We have some like it on our back porch and it is not for long term sitting. We will NEVER buy furniture without being able to sit on it again.

I really like the look of #3. It looks comfy and cozy. Like you could sit down into it and stay there.

#2&4 are pretty also.

You can and should over come the glass by replacing it with Plexiglas.

I am looking at the base furniture not the cushions so much as those are considered "consumable". You could also look at a deck box that doubles as sitting to put the cushions in when you are not out there. Just make sure they are dry before you put them up due to mold worries.

Awwwwwwwwwww feeling better now............I spend some of Amanda's money! LOL

Kim

I like #1 but if Kim says they aren't comfy then I would scratch that one off. My second choice is 4. I think if you went with a Sunbrella fabric you should be good for fade resistance for any cushion you picked.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
From the four, I think you made a good choice! It won't matter what you like if it doesn't fit. I'm glad you checked the measurements!

Will these go in the outdoor kitchen area?

You're going to have such a fabulous retreat!
Suz.

I got on the forum this afternoon to wrestle with chemistry. I was ready to talk all about the SLAM, Correcting faulty testing procedures, telling newbies about CYA and arguing with the non-believers... in other words, loaded for bear........alas, I am faced with picking furniture colors.:uhh::uhh:

I like #4 (sigh)

This gave me the biggest smile of my day. :) Thanks, Dave!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.