0 FC, 0 TC, but otherwise ideal?

Jul 19, 2015
Jacksonville/NC
So I realized 2 days ago that our outdoor plugs had tripped from a lightening strike on Tuesday.
I got the SWG & sand filter working, added more salt cause it was a bit on the low end.
Cycled the filter for over 24 hrs and tested.
All readings are in ideal range except the FC, TC are both 0.
should I add bleach to get back in range? I'm a bit confused since it's a SWG pool...

You can *always* use plain household bleach to increase your FC level. I use it in conjunction with my SWG when I want an instant rise in FC...for example before or after a big party or when my grandson pooped in the pool.

I like to consider it my behind the scenes safety net, its always keeping my water at a safe baseline but knowing that SWGs have a certain lifespan (x amount of hours) I limit the wear and tear on mine when possible.

This is a classic example of SWG use. They are fantastic for MAINTAINING FC in your pool but sometimes not so good at a sudden increase. Simply get to your desired level with bleach and then dian in your SWG to maintain it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.