Autofill and pad design help: new pool in SoCal

Jul 26, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Hi,

I am very new to this forum, and this is my second post (thanks JVtrain for your very helpful response to my first post).

I am planning on installing a Levelor electronic autofill with a standpipe sensor near the equipment pad. I wanted some feedback regarding running a totally separate autofill pipe from the water supply to the pool vs. using the mfg recommendation of teeing the water supply to the regular return lines. Any comments on the enclosed plumbing schematic and pad layout would be most welcome. I am trying to keep the equipment area as narrow as possible.

As a first-time pool owner-builder, I have learned a great deal from this forum - thanks!

Pad_Schematic.jpgPad_layout.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't Sketch-Up awesome?! I did the same as you fitting in all my pool equipment into a defined area (5x8 plastic Lifetime shed). I see we share some of the same Pentair appliances: pumps and heater and intellibrite lights. Pentair has a fair bit of my money! LOL

As to your auto-fill question, I plumbed out a line from my house to the pool shed to use for the auto-fill (I have a mechanical/float type) and I also put in a hose bib for convenience. It is nice having water at the pool shed to do various tasks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.