Almost there just need a little more info

Aug 13, 2015
Independence
Hello,
I posted yesterday about green pool. I started yesterday slamming it. Last night vacuumed all algae out this time took spare filter sprayed with straight liquid chlorine didn't know if filter was keeping algae inside pleats. So PH is 7.3, TA is 90, CYA is 60 and of course chlorine is way up for the slam, I used the poolcalculator for that. I think where I screwed up was I was keeping chlorine about 2-3 ppm. So if i'm reading chart right since my CYA is 60 does that mean I need to keep FC at 7? That just seems high. Also using Taylor K-2006 when you check chlorine using the powder and counting drops for FC you do that everyday? If so I would think i'm going to run of the powder and drops. Once I get this back where is should be do I need to do away with 3" tablets and just you poolcalculator and add liquid Chlorine?
Thanks
Terry

You asked a lot of questions sort of run together. I'll answer the one I understand. Yes, if the FC/CYA chart says 7 ppm, that's what you should use. The chart has been developed over a number of years to reflect the effect of CYA on FC and it is the real deal......it works. Following that chart will keep you from having algae again.

Add your state to your sig so we can tell the climate you live in. Independence is not much help.

Hey, terry, your thread - with identical content - from earlier today has been merged with your earlier green pool thread - in case you couldn't find it - please post there and keep your info in one place. It makes it more efficient for people to answer your questions if everything is in one thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.