Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: forum etiquette

1. Back To Top    #1

forum etiquette

I have been through Pool School & so now I am onto the rest of this Forum.
    As I read these threads, if I have a question re the specific advice/situation given in the answers to the questions, is it cool to add my new question? Otherwise I’ll have to reference a link or something similar.

If the answer is yes, then I will be resurrecting threads that were last posted on months ago, which is fine with me & seems reasonable but perhaps that is what TFP does not want.

Thanks
    19,800 gallons (closed/winter 18,654 gal); plaster; 18x34 Ft kidney bean shape, Depth 3Ft-5Ft. Built 1992
    Pentair Whisper Flow Pump 1HP. Winter safety cover w anchors.
    Sand filter, Pentair Sand Dollar Top Mount Model SD80; Effective Filtration Area 3.5SF
    - FlowRate 75GPM, 8Hr 36,000, 10Hr 45,000, 12Hr 54,000; Pressure Weight 50PSI
    BBB (Hayward Chlorinator when leave town). Polaris 360 cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: forum etiquette

If your question is about a general topic that was covered, like how calculate head, or why should I add borates, then yes, you can tag on your question.

However, if it is specific to your pool (green and stinky, what do I do?) start a new thread. Please always include your latest test numbers. (For others, please include your pool specifics (type of pool, approx. size, filter type, pump size, method of sanitation, and where you are located) preferably in your signature... Johnny has us all beat in the details category! )

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!