Hi Everyone

Aug 14, 2015
Uffculme Uk
Hi all,
I recently visited friends in France that owned an oval above ground pool, having always wanted one myself and now having a garden large enough to house one I bit the bullet (so to speak) and started looking for one on a more serious note. So, as you do I started looking at reviews on numerous sites at sizes, shapes, brands e.t.c and it quickly became apparent that doughboy were miles ahead in ranking.
Always looking for a bargain I began traweling ebay, amazon etc and with in a few days a listing on ebay came up for a doughboy Timberline 24 x 12 oval pool complete with 1yr old pump and sand filter skimmer and all accessories, ladder etc the previous owners had accumulated over the time they had the pool set up. dubious of the pools age I contacted the seller asking for up close photographs of the pool and equipment so I could check for rust e.t.c and was pleasantly surprised at how new it all looked- obviously well looked after. I asked a series of questions about the sale reasons for selling etc and with their children now moved out they just had no need for the hassle of running it. so I bid at the very last minute (3 seconds to be presice) and got it for a cheap as chips 186 GBP.
It will need a new liner but thats fine with me.
This being the first pool for me I would be really grateful of any advice you guys can offer me re the install.

Hope you all well? the newbie

:wave:

You're next most important purchase will be one of the Recommended Test Kits. Either a TF-100 or a Taylor K-2006. A good FAS-DPD based test kit is an absolute must have to properly operate your new pool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Test kit is ordered, along with new liner. boulder print. :D We will begin ground work this autumn and winter to prepare the site for the pool. I have read the intructions for the pool several times and for the life of me can see no information on distancing the pool from sewer lines does anyone have any ideas as to safe distance or reinforcments required as I would like the install to be as best as it possibly can be. Thanks again for any advice guys.

Do you have the room to avoid the sewer line or do you have to setup the pool over a sewer line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we will have around 24" clearance from pool to sewer and sewer is 30" below ground level. I was just wondering if concreting round the sewer line might be a good idea to protect from the weight of the pool. The pool is not going to be sunken into the ground.