Watercolor changed on my new pool help!

Aug 1, 2015
NJ
Just had a new pool installed this month. Not fully completed yet just waiting on the ground to settle for concrete install. Purchased the sandstone tan liner, went to see it in person and loved it because it has a nice Caribbean turquoise blue water. Fill the pool and it turned turquoise but was dirty. Pool company came by to start a filter and added chemicals for the first time. It changed the water color to blue. Looks nice but not the color it supposed to be. If you look into the bottom of the pool when we first filled it without chemicals (with city water from the fire department) you can see the main drains and they appeared crisp white. Once chemicals were added water is blue and main drains appear blue in color. Very weird any advice is greatly appreciated.

Chemicals that were put in were calcium, And heavy-duty shock of some sort. They said we could not use the pool for 48 hours and that they only use this chemical when opening the pool for the first time. Sorry I forgot the name. And then they turned on the frog system. Here are some of the before-and-after pictures. The pool is a little dirty in the before pictures from doing backfilling and leaves falling it. Thank you!
e35c3758f1e23f0aa43e2aa5c0d4ffc2.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/13/
fabc95217e748ae76ba8bca0982243af.jpg
41323a76fda9fed480c651a4451ed527.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of things off here, most were covered already.

No need to ever add calcium to a vinyl pool.
And certainly not a good idea to be adding metal to your pool. That can certainly stain your pool and turn your hair green.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.