I'm worrying to much!!

kywildcats

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2015
Mayfield, KY
They haven't even starting digging my pool yet (Hopefully next week), and I am obsessed already about reading pool school and worrying what may go wrong as soon as the water goes in. My wife thinks I'm crazy! I already bought my test kit, working on excel spread sheets, reading everything I can get to on the internet. You guys won't be able to get rid of me when things go south for some reason. I will be home every second that my PB is on site working (he probably won't like that), I got 360 foot of asphalt driveway for concrete trucks to back down (No other way in), got 5,000 gallon tanker trucks bringing water and just know what's going to happen to it. I know I am worrying to much, but thank GOD for this forum!!!

:laughblue:Geez you need to go for a swim, oh... that's right, sorry ;)

Well, I'm assuming PB will do the first round of dosing the pool, so let him do his thing for warranty purposes, but ask what he is putting and why (just being curious) and test your water when he's not looking ;)

Once he's done and hands you the keys to it, get on here with your highly accurate numbers ;) and the friendly folks at TFP will lead you to the promised land :D

Starting with 'fresh' water makes it easy. If more of us could afford it or it if it wasn't environmentally sound/conscientious, simply getting rid of all the 'bad' water and starting new would solve a fair amount of problems.

Now you can put in the EXACT amount of CYA you want because you are starting with ZERO.

So what size pool are you going with? Any clue whatsoever the source of your trucked-in water? Any chance you could get a gallon sample of it like now?

What kind of pool finish are you doing? You could likely start filling out your profile right now. You've a good start with having the TF-100 testkit!!

Oh, there is one thing you could add!! How about an extra 'o' to 'to' in your subject title?! :D hehehe....

Water is coming through the city fire hydrants, so it will be chlorinated. I guess I could go to any friends house and get a jug of water and see what I'm getting.

Pool will be IG 20x28 vinyl, 3'4-5'6 deep, SWG. I will fill all that out when all equipment is on site.

Grammar police are everywhere you go these days......HA! I have problem with "to and too", but don't do too(?) bad on the rest of grammar!

Sweet!

Okay, so using 20' * 28' * (3.33' + 5.5')/2, I get that you will have about 38,400 gallons of water in your pool. Call it 40k. Sound about right?

Now you can start figuring out a few things if you want. I'm not up on vinyl pools but I assume with them, you can start your SWG right away? I know with concrete that you need to wait 28 days after initial fill-up.

[grammar lesson]For 'too', just think of it as meaning 'as well' or 'also': "Are you going to the concert too?" It also can mean 'in excess' or 'more than it should be': "I am too excited to breathe!"[end grammar lesson]

LOL YOU TOO????????? I also got my test kit BEFORE I even ordered my pool! LOL I wanted to make sure I could do it.

Things will NOT go south because you have us in your back pocket!

I can't wait to see this one happen!

Kim

I was averaging the two depths you provided:

(3.33' + 5.5') and divide that by 2 to get: 4.4'

28 * 20 * 4.4 = 2464 cubic ft. That is about 18,432 gallons.

Shoot...I must have messed up something when I posted earlier...sorry about that. I wonder what the heck I did? I was probably worried too much about your grammar lesson and I messed up simple math!? LOL! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Truth be told, I'm an electrical engineer working here in Silicon Valley so I *should* be good at math!!! UGH!

Wait, I can do complex math...this simple stuff boggles my mind. LOL!

:D :D

[EDIT: Nice one there, lefty51.... :D ]

Ok I have to side with Kim here it is Y'all, and Y'all are funny. I know Kywildcats being a KY feller he will also agree.

LOL Lefty, I'm going to jokingly mess with you a bit.
apparently, math gives you problems TO (17,1900 ?) Oh well I NO how you fill
LOL is that "I NO how you fill" or I know how you feel? (Considering we are taking about trucking in water for the pool, it could be Fill, or Feel in this case, but I can't help you on "NO" lol).

See there KY, you have nothing to worry about. We've all got things under control, and you will have "TOO". (lol) When one of us makes a mistake which we do because we are all only human, we have all the other folks here watching our backs, while helping to teach us, and put us back on the right track again.

Instead of "worrying to much" about all the things that could go wrong, just focus on all the things that WILL go right now that you've found TFP.

LOL Plus just look how much fun you'll have while you're here too.

If you should slip, and need a hand getting back up, there are plenty of people here who have their hands extended to you already. Help is just one little post away.
LOL I personally think the response time for receiving help on TFP is actually quicker than if you dial 911.

So take a deep breath, try your best to relax because I promise you, you ARE in a lot of good hands. :)

I'm from Kentucky, so "y'all" is a lot of my vocabulary!

- - - Updated - - -
Hmmmmm, what's your number?

Oh no...... your not going to get ME to figure out your gallonage, No telling what number I would come up with. Probably come out in litres or liters, whatever.

The problem with our society today is,"bad grammar, plus poor typing skills = pour comimmuneacashuns" IMHO :cool:

The problem with our society today is,"bad grammar, plus poor typing skills = pour comimmuneacashuns" IMHO :cool:
Lefty, I agree with you 100%.

Not to mention glorious "Autocorrect" helping everybody out along the way, making your say things you never said at all.

(Trust me, I say A lot of stupid things on my own without autocorrect putting "Words into my mouth, onto my screen, into my messages, or whatever).

Here's a couple of examples to make you laugh:

1)I messaged my sister after her flight the other day. My plan was to text, "I bet you're still snoozing after your flight", but lol NOOO, stupid autocorrect for some reason changed the word "Snoozing" to "Annoying", so it then read. "I bet you're still "Annoying" after your flight."
OK mind you, my Sister has always been "Annoying" for as long as I've known her, but that particular day I was just suspecting she was tired after her flight, and still Asleep. Just smh.

2)Then there was the roofer guy the other day. Thankfully, I looked down at the screen before hitting Send because Autocorrect had added "I Love You" at the end of his message from me. (Don't get me wrong, I like the roofer guy just fine, but saying I love you to him after just one roofing bid IMO is really rushing things way too quickly).

I've also come to the conclusion that the younger a person is, the less vowels they think the are required to put into your words to start with. Seriously, think about it, if it weren't for words requiring vowels, poor ole Vanna White would have been out of work years ago.

Anyway, lol, life goes on I suppose. I hope Y'all have a wonderful day. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.