calcium scaling

nlindelldc

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
My pool guy just told me that if I was going to be using an SWG (and I am), that I need to buy a chlorine thingy to prevent calcium scaling. He has been wrong about everything else up to this point, so I just thought I would check here. I am doing a search now and have already read about calcium scaling in Pool School and it appears that calcium scaling has more to do with PH and keeping my levels good.

What was this calcium thing he was referring to anyway?

Huh? I have *no* clue what that pool guy is talking about?!?

To prevent calcium scale just don't let your calcium level get too high and learn when to balance higher calcium with pH control. Fiberglass pools need minimal calcium so it shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

Thanks Yippee, I knew this guy was an idiot. I can't wait until they finish my pool so I can stop listening to their nonsense :) Today he offered to take care of my pool when they are finished and I was like, "uh, no" :drown:

- - - Updated - - -

Who knows????? He just wants to sell you something else :(

ANY idea if it was something to put chlorine pucks in?

I am going to give you a link that should help you.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

That is ALL we use.

Kim

He made it sound like it was an inline attachment that was meant to be put before the SWG so that calcium doesn't build up on the plates or something. Who knows, guy is an idiot. Luckily I found this place months ago

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.