New pump and filter suggestions for Bestway pool wanted

Sand filter size limits

I just installed a Bestway 12' x 48" above ground pool and want to replace the stock filter system with sand filter. I keep seeing the number of gallons in size limitations for the filters for sale. Should I be concerned about getting a sand filter that is rated for a pool slightly larger than mine? My pool is only around 2,700 gallons so most of the filters are advertised as being for a much larger pools. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Sand filter size limits

Welcome to TFP!

There is no issue going with a larger and filter and pump. The bigger the filter, the less you have to clean it. It is possible for the pump to be too small for a filter, but you would have to get a pretty extreme mismatch to have an issue.

Re: Sand filter size limits

I've got a dollar that says a bigger pool is in your future, so go bigger on the pump/filter now and you won't have to buy a new one next year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.