Trying to take control of my pool

I am very tired of pool stores snd decided to take control of my pool water. They tell ne add this. Add that $$$$$$. I am waiting for my tf100 kit to arrive. Meanwhile my pool is a dark green murky mess. I know I need to learn basic pool water chemistry and I'm hoping I can get the help I need here. I have a 40k plaster salt waterb pool.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Welcome! You have come to the right place & made the best decision for your pool (and your wallet). Once your kit arrives, get a full set of test readings to post so we can help you get started. In the meantime, click on Pool School up above and read thru the process and become familiar. You'll be clean and clear in no time! :)

Welcome. Paddle around in Pool School and pickup some basics while waiting on the test kit. Can you add some more info to your signature line about your filter, pump, SWG and such?

Layla's right- this is a good time to dabble in to Pool School and get familiar with the terms and processes to get your pool cleaned up.

Start stocking up on bleach...liquid chlorine...at least a dozen bottles of 8.25% (which is your norm now at the grocery store) or higher. That will give you a good start to fixing this. Read up on the SLAM procedure and ask if you have any questions.

We'd love to see pics too- green ones, clean ones, all the ones in between.

Welcome! :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.