Hayward Skimmer and returns - Pentair pump + sand filter

Aug 11, 2015
MO
I am planning to pipe in my Coleman 16x48 AGP with a Hayward thru-wall skimmer. I have read numerous post about this and have a question - should I pipe as follows:

1. Add the Hayward skimmer and keep the factory output as an additional output with ball valve to control skimmer force while adding a home-made pvc fountain and factory return eyeball, giving me 2 outputs (original +skimmer) and 2 returns (original +fountain)

or

2. Add the Hayward skimmer and change the factory output to an additional eyeball return pointing in same counter-clockwise direction giving me additional return power with ball valve as well as adding a home-made pvc fountain T'd off of the original return that can be used to "balance" the input and outputs of the pump/filter.

or - I am thinking too much into this and should just do whats easiest and looks best?

I have read that some have issues with not getting enough water through the system related to pressure. I realize they may have filter issues or using inadequate piping- I am going to use all 1 1/2 pvc piping, with a Pentair dynamo 1HP pump and Crystal Bay 19" sand filter

I got the skimmer installed and swapped out the stock return/outlet ports with hayward 3/4" eyeball - with both pointing counter-clockwise my floating chlorinator is doing laps in the pool. :whoot: - next rigid PVC with fountain - Have to go change signature

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.