Cracking concrete around tile and stains - How To Fix

Jul 6, 2015
La Habra, CA
Hi, I have some small cracks around the edge of the pool just above the tile (middle pic). What is the best way to patch these areas? Do I use concrete, caulk, or something like that?

Also there are dark stains around the top of the tile pieces (bottom pic). Is there any way to remove this?

Finally I have a piece of rectangle concrete that has broken away from the surrounding pieces (first pic). I can pick it up if I wanted. What holds the blocks in place? Is it concrete or some kind of grout?

I have attached pictures.

Attachments

• concrete.jpg
    concrete.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 31
  • crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 30
  • stains.jpg
    stains.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 30
You should clean out all the old grout first and then replace with a polyurethane caulk all along the crack.

The loose coping should be put back by, again, grinding down all the old thin set and then replacing with new thinset.

In both cases, a DIY person can do this but it takes some care and experience or reading more about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.