How to clean glass tile at waterline

Are you trying to clean or seal the tile?

Is it just haze or thick calcium scale on the tile?

Can you post a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cleaner product looks like some kind of dilute acid. If it's haze have you tried a 4:1 (H2O:muriatic acid) dilution in a spray bottle? What color is your grout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figured I’ would update this thread since I’’ve found a solution that works for me.

-hire someone to powder blast tile line to remove calcium silicate. Nothing else will remove it not even muratic acid.

-use scalefree plus from pool chemistry. You can buy it at Leslie’s pools. This is absolutely needed where you have high hardness levels.

-I use borates to keep PH at consistent levels. Without it, I fluctuate too much. I use poolproof for ease of use.

It’s been almost a year since my glass tile was powder blasted and the tile line looks amazing. I think eventually I’ll need to powder blast again but my goal is to prevent quick calcium silicate buildup. Hope this helps someone out there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.