Clarifier effect on Filter

Aug 12, 2015
Pretoria
Hi

As part of clearing my pool I was instructed to use Waterwell Clear Blue Pool Settling Agent. The instructions indicated that I had to put the multi port valve of my filter on Circulate/Bypass, run the pump for 2 hrs and then leave the pump off for about 12 hrs. The reason was that this should not go through the filter.

Now I was running around multi-tasking which is not a good thing and in the process forgot the switch the multi port valve to bypass. Only after adding the chemicals and running the pump for 2 hrs did I realise that I ran it through the filter.

So my question is - what will the imact of this be? Anything that I should do or check for?

Regards
Chris

We need to know what type filter it is?

If it's a sand filter you may need to deep clean the sand if a thorough backwashing doesn't clear it out.
If it's a DE filter you may have clogged the grids and you may be able to clean them or you may have to replace them. You'll need to tear it down in order to clean it well.

don't normally recommend clarifiers and never recommend flocculents, which is what you added. Floc's rarely work and can really gum up the system. They also waste tons of water trying to get rid of them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.