Looking for valve identification

censored

Silver Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Hello, hope you don't mind a question from a newbie!

Threads merged. Please keep all related posts in one thread. It's hard to know what's been said if the same issue is in several threads. Bama

I just purchased a house that has a pool and I need a little help understanding my setup. The thing I am most concerned with is the valve in the middle of the gear. I am not sure what it is for and which way it should be turned. It is in a kind of cocked position right now that doesn't look like it is fully opening or closing any which way. Any help please?

http://i.imgur.com/wfzzfIR.jpg

Thanks!

Hello censored, it's hard to tell from that angle, but it looks like that valve controls the flow from the filter to the pool (line on the right going to pool ?) and the left one is waste when backwashing (to sewer line ?)

Or I could have it backwards :)

someone will be along to help/ If you could get a pic from above so we colud see where the lines in back are going ,that might help.

And .. Welcome to TFP

Censored,

Does your pool have a waterfall, water feature, or slide? As lefty51 has said, another view of the set up would help, along with a picture or description of your pool would also be helpful.

Jim R.

Mine has a plunger valve for Backwash vs. regular filter. I have only one valve and that controls the amount coming in through the cleaning port vs. the skimmer. It's possible your setup is similar, but like they said it's tough to figure out.

Re: Hello, hope you don't mind a question from a newbie!

Yes, move to your left and turn 90-120 degrees and take another pic. There are some pipes back there that is hard to tell where they go from this single picture.

However, I think robertmee is correct.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.