pdfw

Jul 8, 2015
North Texas
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello all. I reside in North Texas (Dallas-FortWorth area) and am currently having my first pool built. I've been perusing this forum for a bit and it has been very enlightening. I wanted to finally introduce myself and ask for some guidance on equipment selections. We finally had the pool equipment delivered and I have some concerns that I am hoping some of you can address. First, here is a list of the equipment that is in the boxes in my back yard:

Pentair IntelliFlo VS with SVRS
Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520
PentairRacer w/booster
3 Intellibrite LED lights
Pentair ScreenLogic
Pentair IntelliChlor IC40
Pentair Rainbow model 320
Zodiac Fusion Inground Chlorine Tablet Feeder + Nature2 Mineral System
EasyTouch system

This equipment is for a 32K gallon diving pool (no spa). So here are my concerns:

Since this is a SWCG system, the Rainbow Model 320 seems unnecessary and I question the need for the Zodiac Fusion - although I admittedly am unsure of it's exact function related to SWCG requirements. I am also concerned that the IntelliChlor IC40 may be insufficient for a 32K gallon pool. I worry that given the excessive heat and high sun exposure during the summer here, that the IC40 will struggle to keep up and I will have little headroom to adjust for a higher than normal bather load, etc. Would it be worth the extra money to go with an IC60? Or would I be able to run it at a lower percentage once everything is balanced? I know that there are many variables that would impact the answers, but given that my pool is still under construction, I don't yet know the parameters for our "typical use". I am hoping that my family of four will use the pool on a near daily basis throughout the summer with intermittent spikes in bather load for get-togethers. My last question is about whether the ScreenLogic is a good/reliable product or would I be better off with the wireless EasyTouch controller? I am sure that I will have more questions as I learn more, but am hoping to get some quick guidance so that I have time to make any needed changes to the equipment. I am also open to any other guidance on anything that you feel is important to understand.

I look forward to many future interactions on this forum.

Thanks,
Paul

Yes, get the IC60

Drop the Nature2 mineral system for sure.....and perhaps the tablet feeder too if you really want to save a few bucks? Minerals add metals to the water which you do NOT want. Some folks go ahead and put the tablet feeder inline but just don't use it. Its there "just in case" or perhaps for use during vacations. Your call.

I will talk about the Nature2--------not needed or wanted. It uses metals and metals are bad. There are many posts/threads about it on the site. The search box will lead you to many of them.

The Rainbow can be left in for the times you go out of town and want to use a puck.

I will let others talk about your other questions.

Kim

Thank you Kim and Skippy for your responses. I think that I will follow your collective advice and change to the IC60 and ditch the Nature2 altogether. But I think that I'll keep the Rainbow just in case.

Thanks again!

Looks good. Nothing wrong with using pucks from time to time as long as you manage your CYA level accordingly. Definite +1on the IC60. I would not get the SVSR pump, just the regular Intelliflo variable speed pump. People report problems with the SVRS and it is no needed because all pools are plumbed with dual main drains now. I have not heard any problems with the screenlogic. I would get that vs the dedicated remote.