Pump suggestions

dsatexas

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2014
Fort Worth
Howdy all,

Sooo..pump motor making high pitch noise now; sounds worse every couple days; motor probably on its way out. Done my research..i have a Pentair 2hp single speed superflo; no idea how old it is. Based on pool size, looks like previous owner was sold way more pump than he needed. Also, what ive read here and on other sites, I only need around 10-20gpm pump, which means most likely 1/2 hp pump should be fine. (1.5" inlets). Texas summer (last winter was brutal too!) taking its toll on the pump me thinks and looks old and worn anyways.

ok, so the question is; what would you guys buy? another Pentair? are there other just as good or better pump brands? I don't like to pay more than I have to but I also don't want to buy the cheapest quality pump either.

Any advice/recommendations would be great!
thanks!

If you're looking for brand info, one brand is about as good as another. I'd tend to stick with the major brands, but I haven't heard anything bad about the lesser brands.

If you want a recommendation on sizing, post your pool size and the number of suctions and returns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.