Question on leaks around return jets and gasket placement.

Oct 31, 2013
Hey I recently made a thread where I feared a huge bill tearing up concrete to fix plumbing lines with my pool due to a leak when the pump was running. Had a leak detection company come by and look at the problem. They found a problem around a return jet I had previously worked on at the end of last season due to a crack in one of my return jet plates.

Basically I'm missing a couple of screws around the return jet plate and planning to replace the gasket(s) in hopes of fixing the problem. I'm curious how the gaskets should lay out. When I removed the jet housing it had a silicone layer around it between the liner and the plate the jet threads into. haywardthreadedfaceplatewholes.jpg. He admitted he wasn't a pool expert but he usually saw it lay out like this on other installs concrete-> gasket-> liner -> return jet plate. I installed it concrete -> liner -> gasket -> return jet plate. I've read that you need multiple gaskets on both sides of the liner. Just trying to figure out the best approach to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:cool:

I would install it concrete-> gasket-> liner -> return jet plate. Contact a swimming pool company to make sure but that makes the most sense to me and I believe I remember installing mine that way.

What type of gaskets should I use? I've heard of both cork type and rubber. As far as which goes where I get different answers every time I ask someone at the local pool store. I keep trying to get a hold of one of their service guys with no luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.