RAIN!!!! It is about to rain - my pool is HOT should I turn pumps on?

Sunbaby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 27, 2015
Centerville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
It is 104 today - but we are about to have a storm blow in!!! (so excited!) Hoping the rain will cool my pool off some. I have an overfill drain - and I am already close to the top of it (I added water last night) - should I turn my pumps on to try to save the rain water and get it integrated - or should I leave them off while it rains?

The thunder is rolling!!!

My goal is cooling the pool down.

- - - Updated - - -

20496375685_b181900c18_c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Depends on your comfort level with running your pump during a thunderstorm. Personally I have no problem with it, but some folks in more lightning prone parts might.

To get the most cooling you could run a fountain or waterfall if you have one.

Depends on your comfort level with running your pump during a thunderstorm. Personally I have no problem with it, but some folks in more lightning prone parts might.

To get the most cooling you could run a fountain or waterfall if you have one.

Perfect! I will get it running - and turn on my water features! TY!

Sunbaby,

google "pool cooler" on this forum. You can cool your pool on the cheap if you want to.

I have actually looked at that a few times! I have been running my waterfall and weeping wall at night and it has been dropping the temps by about 4 degrees - but by 6PM when I am ready to get in - the temps are back up to 89/90. Someone told me it had to do with the humidity that my features aren't cooling me down more at night. Do you think that I would get better cool down by running the PVC aerator instead? I am sure the hubby would love a trip to Home Depot :)

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest going outside and demanding that some of that rain go south/southwest a bit towards San Antonio. Please? :rolleyes:

If only it were that easy. We have thunder and a light sprinkle - but it looks like the cell split and is going around us :( Hopefully you guys can get some soon!

its either feast or famine here in Texas this year. Tons of rain and monsoons like we had in spring time, and now not a drop in almost 2 months now. Oh well.

Sunbaby, the home made sprays really do work on cooling the pool a bit.
there are store bought fountains too, but making your own is funner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks guys! We did finally get a storm through. It was tons of thunder and lightning & some nice heavy showers! It was awesome! On the downside, it hit about 10 minutes after U.S. And 10 friends hopped in the pool. We spent the evening sitting on the back porch, talking, laughing & watching the lighting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.