How often can I add the bleach?

Jul 21, 2015
OH
I have been adding bleach every hour during the day but am wondering if it can be added more often since I am home. I have added 20 gallons of 8.25 % without much change in the last two days. Will adding bleach more often, speed up the process?

From the article Pool School - Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine

Test your water frequently and add the appropriate amount of bleach to get back up to 15ppm. Do this as often as possible, as often as every hour if you can, but at least once a day.

I doubt that more often than every hour will speed things up that much. The bleach probably isn't mixed all that well until half an hour has elapsed, so your testing may be wrong.

OK. I was never good at chemistry but here goes. I don't even know if these levels are appropriate. I used the Taylor K-2006 and think I followed the directions for each test. Let me know if these are totally abnormal and I didn't calculate correctly. Let me add that my baquacil levels were very high when I started. Here are my results: FC-4.8, CC- 4.0, PH-7.4, TA-200, Cal-300, CA-30. I can see where I need to keep adding bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.