New pool need help before i fill it up for the first time

Ok i am new to pool ownership and my wife hired someone to put it up and i don't think he knows what hes doing he put some water in the liner and then proceeded to say the well water was bad...this is what he meant
87df7ef7a757997c29cb1d582acd9873.jpg
and thats before any chemicals were added any suggestions? Is there a way to clean that water without dumping it or should i dump it and get water delivered and does anyone know a good water delivery place in south florida that they would recommend

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

He said that's before adding chemicals, though. People report an effect like that pretty often AFTER adding the first dose of chlorine. Straight out of the tap looking like that is alarming, and makes one wonder how high the iron concentration may be. Original poster, does your water look like that when you fill a pot in the kitchen, when someone takes a bath, when you look in the toilet tank, etc.?

If not, I wonder if the large volume drawn for filling the pool stirred up dirt in the well that you don't usually get in normal operation.

It might be worth getting a jar of that pool water, let it sit for a day, and see if it settles.

Also, please get some bleach in there ASAP, so algae doesn't start growing while you contemplate the esthetics of the water. Adding bleach might also be instructive about chemistry - if it gets even darker, that would certainly suggest iron.

He said that's before adding chemicals, though. People report an effect like that pretty often AFTER adding the first dose of chlorine. Straight out of the tap looking like that is alarming, and makes one wonder how high the iron concentration may be. Original poster, does your water look like that when you fill a pot in the kitchen, when someone takes a bath, when you look in the toilet tank, etc.?

If not, I wonder if the large volume drawn for filling the pool stirred up dirt in the well that you don't usually get in normal operation.

It might be worth getting a jar of that pool water, let it sit for a day, and see if it settles.

Also, please get some bleach in there ASAP, so algae doesn't start growing while you contemplate the esthetics of the water. Adding bleach might also be instructive about chemistry - if it gets even darker, that would certainly suggest iron.
+1 on all of the above suggestions.

So, did you ask him why he continued to fill the pool if he knew the water was "bad"?

Dom

- - - Updated - - -

Where's my manners........

Welcome to the forum!

You're not far from me, Okeechobee. My well water bypasses my water softener but it didn't come out near looking like that. Was a bit green and cloudy but cleared up nicely with chlorine and filtration. Add some bleach and run your pump/filter for a day or two and see if that clears it up, this will be interesting to see. Your yard also looks pretty flat so I'm afraid if you drain it the water will just sit there and flood your yard.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Weasleyferrier1, you have no idea how we tend to cringe when we read statements like "Ok so the pool installer came ck today and is currently treating the pool so i will update then"

If possible find out exactly what they add to the pool, as it takes the guessing game out of trying to undo their mess later

Weasleyferrier1, you have no idea how we tend to cringe when we read statements like "Ok so the pool installer came ck today and is currently treating the pool so i will update then"

If possible find out exactly what they add to the pool, as it takes the guessing game out of trying to undo their mess later
+1

Get a list of what was added and how much of each.

Dom

I'm on a well with high iron and every time I have filled (had intex before my permanent AGP) it is orangey-greenish looking before putting any chlorine in. Once water got to the skimmer and we could filter we then put in the chlorine (lots)and filtered non stop and it was gone very quickly. Like -2days tops. My water is beautiful now!

So my pool is full of sediment from my well my pb put in chlorine and some metal out 20oz now ive let it settle and all the stuff is on the bottom im going to vacuum it out woth a skimmer attachment tomorrow morning if its not raining which its been pretty constant for the past week here any suggestions on how to vacuum it out without completely blowing out my pump ? If imfo is needed in the pump its a sand pump it a currently storming so i have to wait to get all info

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.