Another DFW Pool Build... Mansfield

Hello All.... we are just about two weeks into our build.. Gunite was done today and electricians are coming tomorrow. Here are the specs for the pool:

20,700 IG Free Form Pool w/ beach entry
34.6'x18'
4'-6' deep
13' weeping wall
3 bubblers on beach entry
2 color LED lights
Jandy 2HP VS pump
Jandy 1.5HP pump for water features
Jandy 460 cartridge filter
Jandy Nature 2 (but plan on eliminating it after reading this site the past week)(its not plumbed in yet)
Polaris 280 cleaner

Wood burning fire pit
estimated 600sqft of sundeck (I'm sure this will be increased though)

I think that covers most of the specs. Here are a few pictures from the design phase to now. Looking forward to learning more from everyone on this site as its our first pool to be in charge of. I have time lapse video of the excavation, plumbing, metal work and gunite so far..... I will get these uploaded soon.

Chad

Well... wasn't sure how to attach more then 2 pictures so here is a link to view the pictures..

Dropbox - Pool

Thanks Kim..... right now we have a Quartzbrite Tahoe Blue is whats in the contract.... but we had originally picked Wet Edge North Sure Tahoe finish... and thinking that we may go back with that.... We have a 7 and 6 year old... and were a little worried about the feel of pebble finish... but really like the way it looks. Here are a few time lapse videos of the process so far.... pretty fun to watch.

Pool Excavation - https://youtu.be/LJMF5B_gAIg
Pool Plumbing - https://youtu.be/DnvOIZn8Scs
Pool Steel - https://youtu.be/CWuLBcxmSWA
Pool Gunite - https://youtu.be/ET7oy4zwA0E

Awesome capturing these 3 major events. Looks like they have done a very nice job! Love the design of your pool and IMHO.... Go with mini pebble... If they can walk on Bermuda grass (feels like stickers and goat heads to me) with no shoes then mini pebble is like glass. We love ours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure.... I used a GoPro camera and used a clamp mount like this one http://shop.gopro.com/mounts/jaws-flex-clamp/ACMPM-001.html#/start=1

I clamped it to a slightly open window on the second floor. I played around with the settings for time lapse mode on the GoPro... I believe the excavation video i had the camera take a picture every 10 seconds, plumbing and steel i did every 5 seconds and the gunite i think i did 2 seconds.

The GoPro makes it pretty easy really..... just set it and hit record... although shooting for longer then 2-3 hours you will need to have the camera plugged in to a charger... so thats what i did...... I can take some pictures of the setup later if you would like to see.... its nothing to crazy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A few updates..... tile and coping and beam wall started yesterday... they are here again today and should finish up on Monday....

IMG_3523_zpse3awxqtp.jpg

IMG_3525_zpsybe2qf0c.jpg
File%20Aug%2015%2010%2057%2015%20AM_zpsnbztytck.jpeg

File%20Aug%2015%2010%2054%2031%20AM_zps1w9et7lt.jpeg

Welcome to TFP! :wave: I think we're lucky you've come along to share your beautiful pool build!!

Wowzer!!! Your glass tile is fabulous!!! All it takes to get my attention is a little bit of glass tile...... I think I saw that tile at MasterTile when I was shopping, and I loved it.

Too dark? Absolutely not - well, that's my opinion. When you've got your water in, it won't stand out as much as it does now. I think it being a medium dark tile will make sure it distinguishes itself from the water - which I also like. Well, to be honest, I like any glass tile even when it blends in with the water. But my thinking is.... if I'm going to upgrade to glass tile, I want to really see it!!! You're not going to believe how gorgeous it is when you add water and sunshine! And sadly, no picture captures the beauty of glass tile. (can you tell I love glass tile?)

The stone work looks fabulous! You guys did a great job with the selections - it is fabulous with your house brick as a backdrop!

What's next?
Take care,
Suz.

Thanks Suz..... we wanted the tile to pop out and be a focal point.... not gonna lie... was a little nervous about it... but think its coming together pretty well.... all coping is grouted and done... tile needs to be grouted still and the water feature still needs to be done... They said they will be back on Monday and should finish up. Then we move on to decking.... not sure if they will do the rock for the fire pit Monday or after deck is done? We are doing the sun/cool deck... i forget the base color but it will also have 2 accent colors speckled in. We are hoping to be all done for our sons birthday at the end of September....

Fordracing19,

I have a a GoPro Hero 4 Silver.... i set it to time lapse video and use either 2,5 or 10 second intervals. I have it in the frame case so i can connect the charging cable and have it plugged into an outlet so the battery doesn't die. With it on time lapse video the camera will put it all together for you. If you use the other method where it just takes pictures and you have a few thousand pictures... then you have to use software to stitch them together.... I would guess the GoPro software for the computer would be capable.... i'm not sure though.

Here are few pictures after the workers wrapped up today
Photo%20Aug%2015%204%2000%2051%20PM_zpsdp3a7syw.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2015%203%2044%2004%20PM_zpsxac942wl.jpg

The stonework on your wall facing is coming along beautifully, and the beach entry is going to be terrific. This pool is going to be a show-stopper. No doubt in my mind.

Have you posted what finish and color ya'll are getting?
Suz.

Suz.... we have a Quartz Brite product in contract.... but still looking to do a pebble..... on the pebble we are looking at Wetedge Satin line.... maybe something like Antiqua, or Northshore Tahoe... would love to do something in the Prism line... but don't think its in the budget... need to make a choice, cause plaster will be here soon..... tough choice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.