Another DFW Pool Build... Mansfield

So does the weeping wall look off to you all? Seems slightly larger on the right side to me...
031c7dcf75185d277fb671caaa8052a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does appear to be larger/higher, slooped towards the right BUT my guess is they were trying to a "natural" look. If you look close they use a larger rock on the end of the right side. That does make is look even bigger.

IF you do not like how it looks let them know. I like how it looks. It does not have to be symmetrical with it using natural looking rocks.

Kim

I talked with the PB this morning when he came out to paint the decking outline. We will have a little more stone work left to do once the deck goes in and will have them add some rocks to the left side....so should be all good.

Deck forms will go in tomorrow and poured possibly Friday or Saturday. Then move into cleanup and irrigation repair.... we are doing the sun/cool deck... so that will be applied in roughly 10-14 days after deck is poured. THEN plaster.....

I didn't notice the difference on the ends of the wall until you mentioned it. I'm like Kim - it wouldn't bother me especially if I did plants behind it.

I'm glad it's going to be fixed. For me, once something starts bugging me, it's hard to get it out of my head! You'll be happier with some rocks added to the lower side.

I love your weeping wall. It's looking wonderful!

Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I didn't say anything to my wife.... then when she got home we walked out to look and the first thing she said was..."is the wall crooked?" I just laughed. Its not a huge deal and yes we will be doing some planting behind it and along the "back" side of the pool.... BUT... it is one of those things... that once you see it.... then every time you look at it again it just bugs you.... its an easy fix.... I just can't wait for the deck to be in.... looks like a small rock quarry in my back yard right now.

I didn't say anything to my wife.... then when she got home we walked out to look and the first thing she said was..."is the wall crooked?" I just laughed. Its not a huge deal and yes we will be doing some planting behind it and along the "back" side of the pool.... BUT... it is one of those things... that once you see it.... then every time you look at it again it just bugs you.... its an easy fix.... I just can't wait for the deck to be in.... looks like a small rock quarry in my back yard right now.

i would have thought if they had wanted it to look "natural" it would have varied in height not sloped. Glad to hear they are going to fix it.

Thanks Kim... the wife and I were out there in the dark trying to tweak things... then I tweaked it a bit more this morning with the forming guys..... went to Lowes last night and bought some 2" PVC pipe to run under the length of the deck for any future cable runs that may be needed..... inspection tomorrow and concrete Friday hopefully..... we are expecting some rain today/tomorrow..... I just hope they get the back fill done before it rains....... we have a lot of backfill to do and wouldn't mind a good rain to help compact it some. I will take some pictures later today.

Well we finally got the deck poured. We had a couple of red tags from inspector which set us back about a week. We are doing the sundeck coating so will be a few days before that part is done. So hopefully why we are waiting for that we can get some other things done.... Equipment set... Plumbed and wired.... Cleanup... Grading of the yard and irrigation repair. Then the last step will be plaster. I ordered my TF-100 kit and should be here tomorrow or Monday. It's gonna be a long couple of weeks!!!
5a3ed072578644ee38325d184575d133.jpg
3d9997656a3420a4cebab673ced62788.jpg
81d186a9322dab61c291856a420e6cc4.jpg
9dfb34f71c29c477821de67e81da62e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well.... its been a while.... but we are finally getting plaster tomorrow! We are going with WetEdge Antiqua with the abalone shells. We had to have some rock work re-done and our deck got its Sundek coating done. Will be just shy of 8 weeks from dig to water. Here are a few pictures of the equipment and one of the pool.... I don't have any of the deck yet.... Will try to get some tonight.

IMG_3628%202_zpsqpweke5c.jpg

IMG_3630%202_zpszvs4fxz4.jpg

IMG_3631%202_zpssr15ig11.jpg

IMG_3652_zpsicqta6gj.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.