Jandy SWG Boost Button

Hey there MaLi :)

The boost buttons on SWG cause the cell to go into high drive (like 100% for x hours) which is actually kind of hard on the cell when you consider that a cell's lifespan is y hours. If for some reason you feel a need to raise the FC level of your pool quickly, a much better way is to use liquid chlorine aka " Household Bleach".

Liquid chlorine gives you the instant rise in FC whereas SWGs are meant to *s-l-o-w-l-y* and steadily maintain your chlorine.

You should never have to "Shock" your pool if you keep your FC and CYA at proper levels. Have you read up in PoolSchool (top right of this page) to learn about the ABC's of Water Chemistry??

Good reading for new pool owners :study:

In all my years I've never pushed the boost button. Whenever my pools needs a boost I add liquid chlorine as it instantly raises the chlorine level to the amount that I want it raised to.

The circumstances that usually require a quick raise is before and after a large swim party or if I measure the FC below my minimum recommended FC level, Chlorine CYA Chart.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.