Crack in Air Injection line

May 14, 2008
IL
We recently moved our hot tub and during the move, we somehow cracked off the hose that leads from the air induction dial down into the spa plumbing. My question is, would there be any harm in running the hot tub with this hose not connected to the dial? Logically, I'm thinking that with this hose not attached to the dial, it would just be like having the dial turned to full throttle all the time and the max amount of air would get mixed with the water. As long as the top of the hose is above the water line, it seems like it should be fine.

Am I missing something?

You're right, as long as the line is above the water line it will just constantly aerate. If that jet is hooked into your filtration line then you'll see your pH rise faster than if you had it closed, and depending on how you pin it in place you'd risk it falling out and draining the tub, so I'd be more inclined to crimp it shut but either way will work as long as you secure it well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.