Repairing Pool Tile Grout - Above and Below the Water Line

Jul 28, 2015
Ottawa
Hi,

I am have some pool tiles where the grout has come out in a line of tiles near the skimmer basket. Water is slowly leaking out of the pool through this crack so I need to repair it. Does anyone have a recommendation on what product to use to fill this grout line crack that is about 1/4" wide?

Thanks in advance.

I'd drain the water level down below the problem area, clean out the joints and regrout with sanded epoxy grout. It's tougher than a $2 steak, impervious to chemicals and completely cures in a couple hours.

You should be able to find it anywhere that sells tile.

If water is leaking out of the pool I would think you have to fix more than just the missing grout...ie your shell has a crack that needs filled. Just patching the missing grout would not solve your problem at least in the long term as water will eventually migrate behind the tile again. I think the best course of action here be to remove the tile, fix the crack, replace tile and regrout. I'm no expert so hopefully someone else chimes in for confirmation.

I'd drain the water level down below the problem area, clean out the joints and regrout with sanded epoxy grout. It's tougher than a $2 steak, impervious to chemicals and completely cures in a couple hours.

You should be able to find it anywhere that sells tile.
What do you use to clean the old grout out!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.