Plumbing Starts tomorrow on New Build and Have some questions

I posted this to my build thread as an update but realized it is specific enough it probably warrants placement here where the experts may lurk.

I have plumbing starting tomorrow and a discussion with my PB left me with some questions. Any best practice advice is much appreciated. I have gotten some great advice on different aspects but now have some specific questions on some of the basic plumbing. I have included my basic equipment (a little updated) and then my questions. I will post pics of the outcome.

Equipment (all Pentair):
2- 3HP intelliflo vs pumps (one pool one water features)
Heat pump
Clean and clear 520 filter
IC40 SWG
EasyTouch 8

Plumbing outlets:
Two skimmers
Two main drains tied together (per code)
5 returns
1 cleaner line
(main plumbing is sch. 40 2 inch hard PVC)

Water features:
2- magicstream laminars
2 – 36 inch magic falls shear descents
2- LED bubblers

Questions:
1.) Is it advisable to have all returns on a single two-way valve to control output (is there a compelling reason to do anything different such as split each on off)?
2.) I would ideally like to have each of my skimmers controlled separately so I can independently balance each one and shut one off for vacuuming, would the best approach be to have a two way valve on each skimmer and have the two merge before coming into a three way valve with the maindrain to the pump?
3.) Each water feature (six total) needs a separate valve for controlling output, are the normal white ball vvalves with red caps the way to go?
4.) Should the water feature pump bypass the water heater so I am not spitting warm water into the air? Is that pretty normal to do and how is it typically accomplished?
5). My main filter says it works down to 20 micron, do I need a separate filter for the laminars?
6.) My shear decent and laminar water features will have about an 80 to 95 foot run, any advice with that kind of distance?
7.) Any special advice on layout of the equipment on the pad (it gets poured tomorrow). I have about 8 feet of width (lots of depth) to work with without splitting the pad.

Thanks for sharing any experience and expertise!!!

OK, I have been reviewing other discussions, articles and advice. Does the below appear prudent (perhaps a little over the top on the separate returns but Kimkats pointed out another person who had issues with even flow on long runs). I looked and it appears when using Pentair's recommended flow rates for all features running together about 170 GPM is speced so it does seem that instead of one 520 filter we may be better served with two smaller ones one for each pump.

Here is the GPM breakdown for the water features.

15 gpm x 2 laminars = 30
15 gpm per ft for water falls x 6 ft = 90
25 gpm x 2 for bubblers = 50
170 gpm with all three running.

So the plumber is going to punch a separate intake for the water feature pump (though they are not here yet). With demands reaching up 150-170 gpm at full swing the PB recommended relying on the main filter to keep the water clean and not doing a separate filter for the feature pump. I am wondering how big my intake will need to be and if there should be two plumbed together like the main drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.