Ready to get started

Jul 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
I just got the TF100 in the mail. My pool water is green and I am in need of help! What readings do I need to post to receive help? I do not have a desktop so I cannot build a profile, my pool is 18x36 Approx. 29k gallons IG Plaster.

Set your numbers up like this please

FC
CC
Ch
PH
TA
CYA

That makes it easier to read.

Since you cannot set up a siggy please put the pool in each post to help us help you.

Do you have bleach on hand to start your SLAM?

Lets get this party started!!!! :rockon:

What is a little rain? LOL Lighting stay inside, rain go out and grab a sample.

The CYA might be hard for you to do as you will need sun but eveything else will work.

I hold a white plate behind my PH test and pull it back and forth to help me see the color better.

I do my tests at my stove a s I have a very bright light there. Just make sure you have good lighting where ever you test.

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

You can test your CYA just to see about what it is.

I couldn't wait any longer so I took a sample. The levels are as follows...

FC .5
CC.5
CH 525
PH 8.2
TA 90
CYA 40

I did my CYA test inside with good lighting. Can I count on it? This was my first time using my TF100. My wife laughed at how excited I was to use it!

I am dissapointed that my PH is so high. I had been using test strips and they obviously failed me....

Let me know what to do!

IG plaster Approx 29k gallons 18x36

I would post pics but I am on mobile.

First things first...............get that PH down. It might be even higher.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Here is what to do for each thing. The one you are working on now is the getting the PH down.

Add the MA SLOWLY in front of the return with the pump running. Make sure to wear some eye protection and do NOT breath it in.

Let the pump run for 30 mins and retest. Do no be surprised if you see little lose. I am thinking it is going to take a couple/few tries to get it down.

-test, add, run pump 30 mins. Repeat as needed. to get the PH down to 7.3.

CYA should be okay for now.

Kim

Yup, get the pH down to 7.2-7.4 and be careful if using muratic acid as the fumes will choke you, literally. I like doing it at night as you can often see it smoke and see which way it's blowing. Try to stay upwind of your pour if at all possible.

If you're reading 8.2 you might 8.3 or 9 something. 8.2 is pretty much the max measurement. Don't be surprised if after adding you need to add more.

Maybe you could drop into a library and use their computer to do a profile of your pool and equip ??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
MA added and brushed. I wish I could show y'all how green it is. I am taking pics so I will post them when I get to a desktop and build my profile. Just imagine dark green lake water. That would be pretty close.

I will post new PH in a bit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.