Conversion to SWCG Complete

Hi Uncle, pump run time of 8 hours with SWG at 25% will give you only 2 hours of SWG run time per day. It all depends on the FC output of your SWG vs the amount of FC you are losing to the sun, however 2 hours might not be enough. It's always better to err on the high side with FC. It costs next to nothing to run the SWG for an extra hour or so but it will cost you plenty if your FC falls below 4 and you get an algae outbreak. :(

Also if your SWG doesn't run when you circulate to the spa it might be better to run the spa after you've run the SWG on the pool. That way the spa water is replaced with freshly chlorinated pool water.

Hi Uncle, pump run time of 8 hours with SWG at 25% will give you only 2 hours of SWG run time per day. It all depends on the FC output of your SWG vs the amount of FC you are losing to the sun, however 2 hours might not be enough. It's always better to err on the high side with FC. It costs next to nothing to run the SWG for an extra hour or so but it will cost you plenty if your FC falls below 4 and you get an algae outbreak. :(
Granted one day does not a trend make but my FC remained the same (11ppm) after the first 8-hour day at 25%. I dropped it down to 15% and will measure again tonight. I am hoping for a setting that will allow FC to burn off gradually over time and stabilize at about 6ppm. As far as the cell itself, I did purchase the 40,000 gallon model for my 15,000 gallon pool.

Also if your SWG doesn't run when you circulate to the spa it might be better to run the spa after you've run the SWG on the pool. That way the spa water is replaced with freshly chlorinated pool water.
Sound advice. I'll change it to end of the cycle. :cool:

Edit: I'll need to think about this more as timing of the spa cleaning may be better where it is. The spa cleaning cycle runs for 30 minutes thereby draining the water, then the 8-hour pool return cycle runs to both the pool and the spa. During that 8-hour main phase, water refills the spa which, after about 30 minutes, overflows back into the pool for the rest of the duration.

- Flappy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.