Constantly recalibrating a swimpure

shorembo

Silver Supporter
Jan 24, 2012
SW Florida
I have a T-Cell 15 that is around 4 years old. I am running into a problem where the salt level is not registering properly. My salt is at 3200 but it keeps showing much lower than that to where the salt generator turns off.

If I recalibrate back to 3200, it seems to generate chlorine for a day or two, then the the salt reading goes back down to where the salt generation turns off.

I have cleaned the unit but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

My question is, does this mean the unit is going bad or the controller or a censor????

Thanks

The pool store is a pass or fail type of test and if the cell is on its last legs it might pass the test but it could still need to be replaced. I think that over 90% of the time a SWG has those symptoms the cell needs to be replaced.

One trick that might help, although not sure if this has been tested out if it works. If you can change the controller and tell it you have a smaller T-cell, it seems that it would start to think the salt level is higher and might sort of work for a little longer.

Disclaimer, I am not sure if this would cause any problem with the controller.

I discovered this when my SWG was reading very high slat levels and found that the cell size was too small.

Try this

Move the switch to off
scroll through the diagnostics and record (push the button labeled diagnostics)
wait five minutes
move the switch to auto
wait for a click
go to instant salt
watch the instant salt until it stabilizes (it should start high and go to the actual instant salt measurement)
Scroll through the diagnostics and record

Do the above procedure twice. That will give you four sets of readings. If you post those, we can help some more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.