Sunshine Acres

Hi. I'm new to the forum and a new pool owner. We have never owned a pool before. We got a 12 x 20 Intex Easy set pool. We are almost done filling it. Started filling it last night then turned the water off and are finishing the fill now. It looks disgusting so I will be posting a question shortly.
We live in Michigan in the country, have 3 dogs, three cats and two horses. There's a large swimming pond at our place, but when I swim in it I smell like a fish afterward, which is why we got the pool. lol

Welcome! :wave:

Are you filling from a well? Or from the pond?

I made a separate thread for my question and posted test results. What we now realize is that the frost free spigot outside by the chicken coop is probably coming from that pond OR we reached the bottom of the well, which I don't understand how that would happen, but that water out of that spigot is disgusting.
We drained the pool and started over with water from the house spigot. We have a water softener system, but I'm not sure if that spigot is hooked up to it. At the very least, it should be filtered. I really don't know since this system was in place before we moved in.

We are filling from the well and we have a water softener system, but I'm not sure if the spigot is treated by the softener system.
Here's a link to the thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/103679-Test-Results-High-Alkalinity-Saltwater-system