Chlorine Tablets

May 26, 2014
Clinton,Iowa
Not sure where this post goes but I am out of tablets nd have a good month and a half left of pools season. I live in Iowa so I can continue making trips to the store to get tablets till I dont have any over the winter or get a big bucket. My question I guess is leaving the tablets in the cold garage over the winter going to make the tablets less effective next summer?

Wellllllllll most of us here at TFP do not use tablets on a daily bases. They add CYA and that can cause problems as it builds up over time.

I do have tables aka pucks so I can use them when I got out of town. So long as I keep them dry they seem to last a long time. I only buy a few at time so am not sure how long they last.

Kim

Trichlor that is in a sealed container will keep fresh for a very long time, several years based on personal experience. It is moisture that you want to most avoid with trichlor storage.

-insert liquid chlorine vs trichlor discussion here-

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.