Fresh gunite leaching milky white substance.

Feb 27, 2015
Dallas, TX
Greetings,

After a long wait, our builder finally poured gunite this week in North Texas. We have been watering multiple times a day in the heat. ( sometimes 6 -7 times.) In the mornings, one part of the pool ( where were having water before the pool went in ) in a corner near our steps will still be slightly damp, but is leaching some milky whitish substance. Any thing to be concerned about? We are doing mini pebbles, I assume that it won't leach through them?

Thanks.

I've seen similar stuff on plain concrete, but I wasn't sure until I emailed onBalance, a member here. Here's his reply to me (I was hoping he'd respond directly...)
...go ahead and him that it is normal for gunite to leach white "stuff." Gunite is very porous and often does that. The white stuff is actually common calcium carbonate. It won't be a problem once they plaster the pool.​

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.