Pump not running

Aug 7, 2015
Tucson,Az
Hello, I'm new here and in need of some help. Today I had a new gas line installed and the installers broke the wires that feed the timer/pump (which is 220/240). After I repaired the broke wires the pump will not start, not even hum. The timer will not move, even though I am getting 120v on both lines coming in. I can turn the timer to manual and get 120v on both outgoing lines. I also get 120v on both leads on the motor head. It has me completely stumped. Thanks for looking. Ryan.

Just two wires to the pump. Both reading 120v on the pump motor. I believe I have a bad breaker b/c when I went to the panel to check to see if I have 240 on the load side of the breaker. I did not. What's the usual amp size on those pumps. Double 20 amp?

Right each line should be 120v to ground and 240v to each other.

Be sure to add bleach and brush or swim to maintain chlorine so you don't have algae and pump problems.

****UPDATE*** I installed a new two pull 20 amp breaker and success. Getting 240 line to line at the load side of breaker and on both lines coming into the timer and pump. Just in time for the Tucson monsoons. Thanks for everyone's help, just talking it out really helps to. Mike1162 GO BILLS!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.