What's Up with My Speed Stir?

Might seem too simple, but have you tried a new battery? The unit is just a small motor with a magnet that spins, that pill is also a magnet that is just chasing the one on the motor. So, if the motor is not turning it will just wiggle like you are talking about, until the battery gets low enough that it doesn't move at all. If a known good battery doesn't work, then it might be that the internal magnet is no longer attached to the motor.

Yep, new battery or take the cover off and spin the old batteries in the compartment.

Sometimes just a tiny bit of corrosion grows in the contact area and rolling the battery rubs/sands it off to expose fresh metal.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It takes double A's but I don't want any of you to eat dead batteries if you got your stirrer from TFTestkits.

We really take pride in shipping you everything in tip top shape and we need to know if you have any issues---including dead batteries.

We are a little Mom and Pop place but we can act responsibly and make sure you get what you pay for.

I would like to hear from you via PM (otpirate) if you got batteries from us that failed prematurely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.